By: Hindy Cortright for The BioFit Center and Sports and Health Magazine.
One common reason why people claim to be out of shape is because they lack time to workout or eat well. For those who work full time, have children, take care of home and many other things, finding time to workout and follow a healthy lifestyle may seem
Incorporating simple habits to your daily work, can help you live healthier and stay fit.
A. Park your car further from the entrance of the building to add more walking time from your car.
B. If your office is in an upstairs floor, walk up the stairs to your office or at least half of the amount of floors.
C. During your breaks, try to get outside and walk around for a bit to stretch your muscles.
D. At the end of the work day, before getting in your car, take a quick walk for a few minutes; stretch your body and your neck. This releases tension and stress preparing you for the drive home.
People who stay at home, you have more flexibility to choose different activities that will help you stay fit. From going for a quick walk to exercising to a dvd, all are great ways to stay fit at home. It is easy to practice a workout routine at home with some minor pieces of equipment.
If you have stairs you may go up and down the stairs to warm up, you may need an exercise ball (a set of 5 and 8 pound dumbbells) and a mat to practice a great workout.
Simple workout to do at home
- Warm up: by going up and down a set of stairs for 2 to 3 minutes. You may also just step up and down one step, using the same leg 10 times each for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Shoulder Press: take the 5 pound dumb bells, stand straight, make a U with your arms to each side of your head and press up and down 15 times.
- Squat: Find a chair and while holding the 5pound dumbbells in each side, sit down and immediately stand up. Do this 20 times.
- Standing up: While holding your abdomen tight, shoulder down and looking straight ahead, lift on knee up keeping your left in a 90 degree (foot facing the floor). Lift your leg 15 times each. Repeat these movement 3 times.
- Sit ups: You may finish your workout with 5 sets of 25 sit ups.
Staying healthy is about what we eat as well, so, it is important to make the right snack and meal choices. For those who work, we recommend you pack a lunch box with snacks and meals.